Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Carnival of Aces: Fluidity

I'm a wee bit late on the September Carnival of Aces, but here it be. The theme? Fluidity.

In my gender identity and my sexuality/romantic stuff, some things are fluid. Some things really aren't.
My lack of anything you could call a sex drive? Yeah, that's not fluid. Sex drive is a consistent 404 page not found, no fluidity there.
Aesthetic attraction of finding people physically attractive? That's got some fluidity. Sometimes I'm more likely to notice people who are more feminine. Sometimes I'm more likely to notice people who are more masculine. Sometimes I'm more likely to notice people who aren't really either. It's varied, fluid.
Romantic attraction? Yeah, that's kind of fluid. Sometimes I'm closer to aromantic, and sometimes I'm not. Sometimes romantic attraction is, like, what? What is that? And sometimes I can imagine spending the rest of my life coming home to the same person and sharing a life with them. Sometimes. Other times, not so much. The idea of going out on a date? The idea that this is romantic? I don't understand. The idea of a life partner sounds cool, sometimes, but the trappings of romance confuse me, always. It's varied, fluid.
Gender identity? Here, have all the fluidity. Sort of. I stay within androgyny, but I move around a lot within that space. It's a bigger space than a lot of people seem to realize.
Hi. I'm Queer, and I'm asexual, and it's fluid. Fluidity is a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.