Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Math and Graph and China

I answered a question in my math class. I'm actually super proud of myself right now, mostly because the class is in China, conducted in Chinese. And I was able to explain, on the fly, my answer to a math question in Chinese so that the teacher and my classmates understood what I said. He didn't go rephrase for me, so I hope my classmates understood! The question was to explain what a bipartite graph is. (谁可以介绍偶图是什么?)
 Basically, a bipartite graph is a graph where you can take the points (vertices) and split them into two groups. If two points are in the same group, there isn't a line directly connecting them. If they're in different groups, there could be a line connecting them. [A graph is a bunch of points with lines connecting some pairs. A point can be unconnected to any other points, or to all the points, or anything in between.]
 And minus the explanation of what a graph is, plus using slightly more mathy words for things, that's pretty much what I said in Chinese.
 如果一个图是偶图,那么可以把顶点分开,放在两部分。如果两个顶点再一样的一部分,这双顶点没有边。如果两个顶点再不同的部分,可以(不一定)有边。

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.