Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Getting Paid to Perseverate

E over at The Third Glance briefly mentioned that she gets paid to perseverate, and that this is AWESOME, while talking about ``significant disruption to daily living." And now I get to be paid to perseverate too! And no one cares if I flap while I read papers. No one cares if my shoes come off while I read papers. I just need to be still enough to not break/mess up experiments while in the lab and wear closed toed shoes in the lab, and I need to get my work done. How's that for acceptance? Getting paid to perseverate is seriously the BEST THING EVER. So please excuse me while I go perseverate about sciencey stuff some more!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! That is such an exciting big step forward :) You rock!

    ReplyDelete

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.