Note For Anyone Writing About Me

Guide to Writing About Me

I am an Autistic person,not a person with autism. I am also not Aspergers. The diagnosis isn't even in the DSM anymore, and yes, I agree with the consolidation of all autistic spectrum stuff under one umbrella. I have other issues with the DSM.

I don't like Autism Speaks. I'm Disabled, not differently abled, and I am an Autistic activist. Self-advocate is true, but incomplete.

Citing My Posts

MLA: Zisk, Alyssa Hillary. "Post Title." Yes, That Too. Day Month Year of post. Web. Day Month Year of retrieval.

APA: Zisk, A. H. (Year Month Day of post.) Post Title. [Web log post]. Retrieved from http://yesthattoo.blogspot.com/post-specific-URL.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Autism Linked to Breathing (sarcasm alert)


So, there is this blog called Yeah. Good Times. It's written by a mother of two, and one of the two is autistic. Usually, the idea of anything written by a parent of an autistic kid kind of scares me, since they are the source of so much tragedy rhetoric. But... this specific article, at the least, is AWESOME, and what I've seen of her other stuff is great too!. It's a spoof study based on the fact that every autistic is born to a mother who breathed during pregnancy. The sarcasm is dripping so thick, they went and said this was an important link, doing so with a (presumably fake) quote by one Jennifer McCarthy, who she called ``Professor of Hyperbole and Disinformation at Johns Hopkins University" and credited with leading this study. I laughed so hard when I read this. Have at the article. Also have at the comments. Everyone was laughing about it and having a good time last I checked.

http://yeahgoodtimes.blogspot.com/2012/05/new-study-shows-autism-linked-to-moms.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reserve the right to delete comments for personal attacks, derailing, dangerous comparisons, bigotry, and generally not wanting my blog to be a platform for certain things.